Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Life@BITS

(This is a poem I wrote on my last months stay in college)

Morning:
The sunlight through my window
Reaches out to my dreamy eyes:
Time to start afresh.
Full of hope, I get up
And walk to the door
Ready to face the day.
(What does it have in store for me?)
Noon:
The heat sears through my body and soul
Tired and weary, I drag myself on
Hopes tormented, desires crushed
This is not what I had asked for in the morning.
Still I push on, more from Instinct than from reason;
Just another drop in this madly insane ocean!
(Will this noon ever end?)
Evening:
I sit on my couch, tired and yet content
Not a worry in the world, I enjoy my well-deserved rest
Many a face pass by: some known, some unknown
The wind blows away the dry leaves, like it will all of us
I shoot empty gazes at the twilight, the last reminder of the day;
This had been a good life, and I don't regret it.
(Soon, it'll be time.)

No comments: