Friday, November 16, 2007

A Transition from Pessimistic to Optimistic


I try to look through the clouds
Into the skies beyond
Where the sun is shining
In his majestic glory.
I can't. I've been avoiding
The sun for so long
That I now remember not
What he looked like.
I keep trying nevertheless.
I try, perhaps for the first time
to nurse my wounds
old, some dating back to eons
Festering, kept open by my own self;
Now they are hard to heal.
I try, nonetheless.
I had smiled, too often,
To hide my tears
Now I smile without tears.


The World doesn't change
Only my view has
I've looked through a smoked glass
A time too long
Now I intend to make it transparent.




3 comments:

Tania Roy said...

i am overwhelmed!

Harini Padmanabhan said...

breaking the glass would be better right?

S said...

I am myopic!