Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Why should I cry for you?


You were my angel
who gave me hope, when I had none
Gave me strength, and courage;
You were my cocaine, my Holy Grail
The eternal fire on Mount Olympus.
You were there beside me
When I faced the wrath of Gods;
Kept me sane
When I shouldn't have been.
I lost myself, in the depth of your eyes
And in the euphoria that came over me
With your smile,
When I touched your hands
Kissed your lips.

You are my demon
Who never fails to haunt me
In my dreams;
Never fails to arouse a painful memory
When I get drunk at night;
Never fails to make my heart bleed,
Even today, when I come across your name.
You have made life hell for me.
But I bear no grudges.
You have taught me to be strong:
To live in agony, and yet, to live
The meaning of the words
Anger, Frustration, Depression and Hatred
And what it is, to live with them;
You have made me wise, and old.
So thank you,
And goodbye, my love- my hatred.

5 comments:

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Somethings.. last.. even after they disappear...right? the memory remains.. always..:)

IPSHI said...

hmmm...nice poem...aptly describes a transition..at d same time,shows how humans learn fm their experiences...love never dies,coz it always leaves a mark in ur heart..

triyash said...

i wish so badly that the poem wudnt have the second stanza at all...

S said...

That's how you learn to live with life....if everything in life were rosy,life would be rather bland.

774 RPM! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.