Thursday, September 27, 2007

Internship

(Written on 27/9/2007-that was the initial title)


Sitting in my office

I furiously type on, desperate for a distraction
The hammering in my head grows louder.
I gulp down a little cold water
Listen to some soft music
Try to relax my brain.
Nothing works.
The effects of having a peg too many
Threatens to puncture my mind
I cry to God for deliverance
Atone, for all sins ever committed in my life;
I run off to the restroom
And open the tap on my head
After a while, the prayers and the cold water
Seem to do the trick
The pain subsides
And as I walk back to my desk
My mind is filled with the reverie
of the dazzling night to come
and of the colourful goblets and flagons.

2 comments:

Harini Padmanabhan said...

man.. you must have been real drunk! on a weekday too!

AP said...

ur poem cites out the advantages of boozing....
so guyz dont flunk...
get drunk...!!!!